The International Society for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning — a growing international organization dedicated to the scholarship of teaching and learning — needs leaders who are original thinkers, hard workers, and esteemed colleagues in the profession. ISSOTL’s Board of Directors establishes new directions for this organization while managing ongoing activities and services of the Society.
The Board of Directors includes the President, President-elect, Past President, Secretary, Treasurer, 8 Regional Representatives (2 each from Asia Pacific, Canada, Europe, and the United States), and 2 Student Representatives.
The ISSOTL Leadership and Elections Committee welcomes suggestions for nominees for the following Board of Director positions:
- President Elect
- Vice President—Asia Pacific (3 year term)
- Vice President – Canada (3 year term)
- Vice President – Europe (3 year term)
- Student Representative (2 year term)
Officers of ISSOTL carry out responsibilities according to ISSOTL’s bylaws, participate in each ISSOTL conference (with their own funding) during their term of office, and help the Society increase and serve its membership. Terms of office are three years for Vice Presidents and one year for President Elect, who becomes President and Past President in subsequent years (for a total of three years of service). Those officers elected in spring 2017 will begin their terms on July 1, 2017.
To suggest a nominee, please first verify that the individual is willing to stand for candidacy and they are an active member of ISSOTL. Self-nominations are also encouraged. Nominations are due February 22, 2017.
To submit the nomination to the Leadership and Elections Committee, please submit the following information:
- name, institution, and title of suggested candidate
- contact information (address, e-mail address, phone number)
- position for which the person is suggested as a candidate
- brief rationale for the suggestion, including such factors as:
- individual scholarly work on teaching and learning;
- past experience in organizational leadership;
- recognition and respect within the scholarship of teaching and learning community;
- ability to work well with a team;
- range of contacts in higher/tertiary education, etc.
- resume of your suggested candidate in a Word document
- your name, institution, title, and contact information
Please submit this information to the Leadership and Elections Committee at email@example.com. Use the subject line (ISSOTL Election), and attach a resume of your suggested candidate in a Word document. The Committee appreciates your help in suggesting and encouraging excellent leaders for ISSOTL.