ISSOTL and its Convenings Committee welcome expressions of interest in hosting the ISSOTL annual conference in 2019.
ISSOTL works closely with local hosts to organize and run each annual conference. Hosts typically provide intellectual leadership to the conference by articulating the theme, organizing the proposal selection/review process, and constructing the conference program in collaboration with the Society, as well as identifying the location for the conference and managing all local arrangements. ISSOTL supports the hosts by offering guidance, networking, and support, as well as supplying the online system for proposal selection/review and for collecting conference registrations.
Expressions of interest to host a conference must include:
- Name, title/position, and institutional affiliation of primary contact and names/institutions of other proposed members of the conference organizing team
- Host institution(s)
- City and country in which conference would be held
- Intended site of the conference – a university campus, conference center, a hotel, or some other venue
- Tentative dates in October on which the conference would be held (as the conference is traditionally held in the month of October)
- A brief statement (max 200 words) outlining the reasons why the institution(s) and location are appealing hosts for the ISSOTL conference.
Expressions of interest should be emailed no later than May 31st 2017 to email@example.com, and addressed to president-elect of ISSOTL.
The Expression of interest will be reviewed by the Convenings Committee and potential hosts will in due time be invited to submit a more detailed proposal (10-12 pages). Decisions about hosting the conference are commonly made by the Board two years before the conference.
Questions about expressions of interest, hosting the conference, or the selection process should be directed to the current co-presidents-elect.