General Competition Rules
Design a logo for the International Society for Scholarship of Teaching and Learning to be used on the society website, promotional materials, during the annual conferences, and on the Society’s social media accounts (currently Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn). All ISSOTL members are invited to submit a logo. The deadline for submission is June 23, 2017.
The winner will receive a one-year ISSOTL membership.
A logo entered in this competition:
- Must include the name of the organization, either as an abbreviation or in full.
- Should not lose impact or legibility when substantially reduced.
- Must be adaptable to multiple uses, i.e., program book cover, website home button, name tags, social media platforms, and promotional material. To that end, submissions may include multiple, complementary versions of a logo design (e.g., a full-size version for the website, another version adapted for Twitter and Facebook, etc.).
- Should retain a sense of balance and internal integrity when typographical elements are removed.
- Should reflect the diversity of interests within ISSOTL.
- Should be reproducible in solid tones using one color (black). No tints, no blends, no gradations are allowed.
- Must not include copyrighted artwork.
- Must be created in vector format.
Entrants are required to submit digital copies of each logo as both an EPS file (.eps) and as a JPEG file (.jpg). The JPEG version of the logo must be identical to the EPS version in terms of design, dimensions, proportion, etc.
The file names must bear the last name of the entrant (for example: SmithLogo1.eps and SmithLogo1.jpg). The EPS file format is required because it is a vector-based format that provides better reproduction. The EPS version must be a vector graphic with the type converted to outlines (this step is important!). JPEG files will be used to quickly assemble a multi-page PDF file containing all entries for judging purposes.
Logo entries in EPS (.eps) and JPEG (.jpg) format and any queries should be sent to the ISSOTL Communications Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 23, 2017.
The logos will undergo two rounds of judging:
First round of judging: From the entire pool of entries that meet the guidelines outlined above, the ISSOTL Communications Committee members each will select their five favourite logo designs and will then communicate that information to the chair of the committee. The chair will then tally the results and narrow the entire pool down to the five entries with the most votes resulting in a list of the five finalists.
Second round of judging: Using online voting, current ISSOTL members will vote for their preferred design from the five finalists.
The winning design will be announced at the ISSOTL 2017 conference.