We’re seeking motivated ISSOTL members to join the Students & SoTL Committee. The committee recognizes the value that the Society places on students’ involvement in teaching and learning, and advocates for meaningful student engagement in SoTL and the Society. The committee’s responsibilities include:
- acting as a direct line of communication between the Board and other groups within the Society that have particular interest in or relevance to students, including student members and student-facing Special Interest Groups;
- managing the Emerging Scholars Fund, which includes appraisal of applications, tabulation and announcement of ESF bursary recipients, and welcoming ESF recipients at the annual ISSOTL conference;
- managing the ISSOTL Student Awards, including the Best Student Poster and Best Student Presentation Awards; this includes advertising, recruiting and coordinating judges, tabulating results, and announcing the award winners at the annual ISSOTL conference;
- coordinating student events at the annual conference;
- responding to relevant requests from the Board and the Society’s members; and
- identifying recruitment and retention measures to increase and sustain student membership in the Society.
Committee members also engage in regular online meetings throughout the year and a face-to-face meeting at the annual conference.
ISSOTL members interested in joining the committee for the 2018-2019 year should send a brief paragraph outlining their motivations to work on the committee to firstname.lastname@example.org.