ISSOTL seeks applications for TLI copy editor
The International Society for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (ISSOTL) seeks an experienced copy editor for the Society’s journal, Teaching & Learning Inquiry (TLI). In this role, the individual will:
- Review authors’ final drafts to ensure they are free of grammatical errors;
- Ensure the writing is suitable for the journal’s international readership in terms of readability and terminology;
- Ensure final drafts are consistent with TLI’s editorial and style guide;
- Ensure that names, places, organizations, and email addresses are spelled correctly in the final drafts.
- Communicate with TLI’s co-editors and editorial assistant throughout the publication process.
- Help enact ISSOTL’s diversity, inclusion, and equity principles across the journal’s activities.
Beginning in 2022, TLI will publish each annual volume on a rolling basis throughout the calendar year; therefore, the work for this position is spread throughout the year, as the copyediting and production process begins as articles are accepted. TLI publishes approximately 40 articles a year.
TLI publishes insightful research, theory, commentary, and other scholarly works that document or facilitate investigations of teaching and learning in higher education. These may include empirical and interpretive investigations, theoretical analyses, thought-provoking essays, reviews, or works employing other genres.
TLI values quality and variety in its vision of the scholarship of teaching and learning. The journal showcases the breadth of the interdisciplinary field of SoTL in its explicit methodological pluralism, its call for traditional and new genres, and its international authorship from across career stages. TLI thus welcomes submissions from all disciplines, research traditions, and perspectives related to teaching and learning.
For more information about TLI, please see https://tlijournal.com/
This is a paid, contract position; the copy editor is not an employee of ISSOTL.
Applicants should send a letter of application, describing their interest in and qualifications for the position, to Jessie Moore (ISSOTL Publications Committee co-chair; firstname.lastname@example.org) by October 13, 2021.
The contractor will report to the co-editors of TLI.