Through September 15, 2017, registration fees can be refunded minus a $200 USD administrative handling fee upon cancellation in writing to email@example.com. Due to contractual obligations, no refunds can be given after September 15, 2017.
(until Sept 8)
|One Pre-Conference Workshop* (including CUR workshop), morning OR afternoon||$50||$50|
|TWO Pre-Conference Workshops* (including CUR workshop), morning AND afternoon||$100||$100|
All prices are indicated and will be charged in US dollars. Payments accepted by credit card only.
Conference registration includes event attendance (there are separate charges for pre-conference workshops), breakfast, lunch, snacks, and receptions.
Click here to register for ISSOTL17.
* Conference registrants with current ISSOTL membership can register for a half day pre-conference workshop at no additional charge. However, spaces for pre-conference workshops are limited. ISSOTL members registering for both a morning and afternoon workshop will be charged for a half day workshop. Due to the limited number of spaces, workshop registrations will be verified at the door.
A limited number of waivers for student registration fees will be available through the ISSOTL Emerging Scholars Fund. Application details can be found here.
Annual Membership Fees
When you register for the conference, you will have the opportunity to renew your ISSOTL membership as part of that process. Please note that the ISSOTL membership year has changed; the 2016-2017 membership will extend through December 31, 2017, and subsequent membership years will follow the calendar year. More information on ISSOTL membership is available here.
We aim to organize a conference where attendees can participate with as few challenges as possible. If you are in need of accommodations that meet the regulations of the Americans with Disabilities Act, please indicate so during the registration. Note that requests for accommodation can be considered only if registration has been completed latest by September 15, 2017 and appropriate details were provided in the registration. We will be confirming the receipt of any accommodation request with the registration.
If you require a confirmation letter to obtain a visa or to satisfy other travel requirements, please make sure to register early and indicate so in your registration – letters can be issued only for early bird registrations. Upon completing the registration, you will be required to provide your name, title, affiliation, your passport number, country that issued your passport, date of issue, expiration date, place of issue, date and place of birth to the conference organizer. We will issue a confirmation for the attendance of the annual conference only. Confirmation letters will generally be sent as email attachment. Be advised that ISSOTL will not provide travel reimbursement, honoraria, scholarships, or any other type of remuneration for your stay in Canada.
Click here to register for ISSOTL17.
ISSOTL Emerging Scholars Fund: Call for Student Applications
ISSOTL’s goal is to “foster inquiry and disseminate findings about what improves and articulates post-secondary learning and teaching.” To support this goal, ISSOTL recognizes the importance of engaging emerging scholars who are interested in the scholarship of teaching and learning. More information can be found here.
(SELF-PLANNED) OUT-OF-TOWN EXCURSIONS TO BANFF
If you’d like to go out of town to Banff before or after the conference, see the options for self-planned excursions below. (For information about staying in Calgary and attending the conference, please check our Logistics page.)
Please note that Monday, October 9 is Thanksgiving in Canada, and thus the Town of Banff will be likely to receive more visitors for the long weekend than usual. We encourage you to plan accordingly and book travel and accommodations well in advance!
- Brewster Travel: Direct transfers from Calgary International Airport or selected downtown Calgary hotels, to all Banff hotel or residential addresses. Round trip fares are $110.50 for adults. Approximately 3 departures daily.
- Banff Airporter: Direct transfers from Calgary International Airport to Banff. Round trip is $125.98 CAD. 10 departures daily. Drop-off at any Banff hotel or residential address.
- Greyhound: $27.80 CAD for bookings in advance, $58.80 without. 4 departures leaving from their Calgary terminal – near downtown – daily). The route also stops in Canmore, Alberta. The bus stops at the Banff Greyhound Station only.
- Self-Drive: The trip from Calgary to Banff is a quick trip in a rental car, taking approximately an hour, on Highway 1. This is an easy drive on a very well-maintained and divided highway. This offers you the most flexibility for getting around the Banff townsite, local attractions and the ability to easily go farther afield, such as to Lake Louise.
Places to Stay
There are many options for accommodation in Banff, including top-of-the-line hotels, family-run bed-and-breakfasts (B & Bs), hostels, and campgrounds. The most convenient accommodations are located on Banff Avenue, near the town’s central area, with easy access to restaurants and other amenities. Establishments which aren’t in this area may be more difficult to access without a personal vehicle, but will tend to be quieter and more relaxing. You may want to check your preferred travel website for reviews, recommendations, and exact pricing, but these are some possibilities:
- High-End ($250+ CAD): Fairmont Banff Springs and The Rimrock Resort Hotel
- Mid-Range ($150-250 CAD): Banff Park Lodge, Moose Hotel & Suites, and Elk + Avenue
- Budget (up to $150): Banff Centre for the Arts (availability may be limited) and Aspen Lodge. There are also numerous hostels in Banff, including the Banff International Hostel, Samesun Banff, and the HI-Banff Alpine Centre. Expect to pay $40-70/night for these.
What To Do in Banff
Once you get to Banff, refer to “What To Do in Banff” for highlights about getting around, things to do in and out of town, local eats and drinks, and shopping ideas.
CONTACT AND CONNECT
ISSOTL17 is co-hosted by the University of Calgary and Mount Royal University, and the Conference Co-Chairs are Nancy Chick and Michelle Yeo. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow conference preparations, announcements, activities, and highlights below:
- The ISSOTL website (the ISSOTL17 page)
- Twitter (@ISSOTL17, #ISSOTL17)
- Facebook (the ISSOTL17 event)
- ISSOTL members’ listserv (If you’re not a member, you may join or renew your membership here.)