Benefits of Membership
Thank you for your interest in the International Society for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (ISSOTL). To join ISSOTL, go to the “Join or Renew” page.
ISSOTL membership entitles you to the following benefits:
- Choose from many opportunities to interact and collaborate with an international scholarly community and to shape the future of this professional organization, such as the following:
- joining any of ISSOTL’s Interest Groups, or forming your own,
- becoming a part of ISSOTL’s formal structure by putting your name forward for its four standing committees or for any of its elected positions on the Board of Directors,
- applying to be an ISSOTL Fellow,
- applying to join, facilitate, or lead ISSOTL’s International Collaborative Writing Groups (ICWG) initiative,
- voting in ISSOTL elections and other organizational business,
- Receive advanced notice of ISSOTL initiatives and news through membership-only emails and the monthly e-newsletter,
- Attend ISSOTL conferences at a reduced registration rate,
- Access a growing collection of members-only features of the ISSOTL website, such as submitting blog posts and jobs ads, and accessing new members-only resources.
- And more as we grow our member benefits.
The Emerging Scholars Fund
ISSOTL’s goal is to “foster inquiry and disseminate findings about what improves and articulates post-secondary learning and teaching.” We recognize the importance of engaging emerging scholars who are interested in the scholarship of teaching and learning. We are dedicated to supporting this new talent and encouraging the engagement of students through sharing of ideas, networking, and learning at the annual ISSOTL conference.
The Emerging Scholars Fund facilitates this engagement by inviting members to apply for a conference fee waiver to attend the ISSOTL conference. Successful applicants will share in the ISSOTL discourse by actively participating in the conference activities. This includes attending the Student Welcome event at the start of the conference, the poster session and reception, and the conference closing session. Upon culmination of the conference, recipients will provide a brief reflection on their conference experience, in video or audio format, or in writing, which may be published on the ISSOTL website. Subject to accepting the ESF conditions, successful applicants will receive ISSOTL Conference Fees plus have their ISSOTL Membership Fees paid for 2 years.
The call for 2023 applications is now open. Learn more and apply here.
Learn more about the 2022 recipients and read their reflections on ISSOTL22 here.
To join ISSOTL, go to the “Join or Renew” page.