ISSOTL Interest Groups (IGs) are member-led groups that are organized around shared interests and recognized with a formal relationship within ISSOTL. IGs provide newcomers with collegial pathways into ISSOTL and sustain the ongoing engagement of their members. IG members establish connections and conversations around the world, share ideas across broad networks, organize scholarship projects and other activities, and take up other meaningful initiatives together.
For more information about existing Interest Groups, click on the group name below. To join an existing IG or form a new one, see the processes below.
Current Interest Groups
- Advancing Undergraduate Research
- Arts & Humanities
- Decoding the Disciplines
- General Education
- Information Literacy
- Multinational Teaching Fellowships
- Pedagogy and Research for Online and Blending Teaching and Learning
- Problem-Based Learning
- Scholarship of Leading
- Student Engagement & Co-Inquiry
Join an Interest Group
To join an ISSOTL Interest Group, log in to the website as an ISSOTL member by clicking the person icon in the top right corner of the screen, and then enter your login information. After you are logged in, click on an Interest Group above. Once you’re on that IG’s page, you should see a button to join that group. (If there is no button and you are logged in, you are already a member of that Interest Group.)
After you click the button to join an IG, the Chair of that IG will be notified within a week and will then reach out to you. If you do not hear from that Chair, please email email@example.com.
Form a New Interest Group
To form a new Interest Group, members may submit a brief application made up of the following:
- a name and brief description of the group,
- its mission or goals,
- a list of at least 10 inaugural members (who are also current members of ISSOTL), with a very strong preference for international representation,
- a contact person who may or may not become the inaugural IG chair, and
- a statement acknowledging an awareness of the specific bylaws requirements for ISSOTL Interest Groups (see Bylaws, Article VI, Section 2).
Applications may be submitted to ISSOTL’s Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.