The International Society for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning — a growing international organization dedicated to the scholarship of teaching and learning — needs leaders who are original thinkers, hard workers, and esteemed colleagues in the profession. ISSOTL’s officers establish new directions for this organization while managing ongoing activities and services of the Society.
The ISSOTL Leadership and Elections Committee welcomes suggestions for nominees for the following positions:
- President Elect
- Vice President—Asia Pacific
- Vice President – Canada
- Vice President – Europe
- Vice President – USA
- Student Representative
Officers of ISSOTL carry out responsibilities according to ISSOTL’s bylaws (available at www.issotl.com), participate in each ISSOTL conference (with their own funding) during their term of office, and help the Society increase and serve its membership. Terms of office are three years for Vice Presidents and one year for President Elect, who becomes President and Past President in subsequent years (for a total of three years of service). Those officers elected in spring 2016 will begin their terms on July 1, 2016.
To suggest a nominee, please first verify that the individual is willing to stand for candidacy and they are an active member of ISSOTL. Self-nominations will also be accepted. Nominations are due February 15, 2016.
To submit the nomination to the Leadership and Elections Committee, please submit the following information:
- name, institution, and title of suggested candidate
- contact information (address, e-mail address, phone number)
- position for which the person is suggested as a candidate
- brief rationale for the suggestion, including such factors as:
- individual scholarly work on teaching and learning;
- past experience in organizational leadership;
- recognition and respect within the scholarship of teaching and learning community;
- ability to work well with a team;
- range of contacts in higher/tertiary education, etc.
- your name, institution, title, and contact information
subject line (ISSOTL Election), and attach a resume of your suggested candidate in a Word document. The Committee appreciates your help in suggesting and encouraging excellent leaders for ISSOTL.