General Competition Rules
Design a logo for the International Society for Scholarship of Teaching and Learning to be used on the society website, promotional materials, during the annual conferences, and on the Society’s social media accounts (currently Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn). The deadline for submission is September 30, 2017.
The winner will receive a one-year ISSOTL membership (courtesy of the Board) and a $50 Amazon gift card (courtesy of an ISSOTL member).
A logo entered in this competition:
- Must include the name of the organization, either as an abbreviation or in full.
- Should not lose impact or legibility when substantially reduced.
- Must be adaptable to multiple uses, i.e., program book cover, website home button, name tags, social media platforms, and promotional material. To that end, submissions may include multiple, complementary versions of a logo design (e.g., a full-size version for the website, another version adapted for Twitter and Facebook, etc.).
- Should retain a sense of balance and internal integrity when typographical elements are removed.
- Should reflect the diversity of interests within ISSOTL.
- Should be reproducible in solid tones using one color (black). No tints, no blends, no gradations are allowed.
- Must not include copyrighted artwork.
- Must be created in vector format.
Entrants are required to submit digital copies of each logo as both an EPS file (.eps) and as a JPEG file (.jpg). The JPEG version of the logo must be identical to the EPS version in terms of design, dimensions, proportion, etc.
The file names must bear the last name of the entrant (for example: SmithLogo1.eps and SmithLogo1.jpg). The EPS file format is required because it is a vector-based format that provides better reproduction. The EPS version must be a vector graphic with the type converted to outlines (this step is important!). JPEG files will be used to quickly assemble a multi-page PDF file containing all entries for judging purposes.
Logo entries in EPS (.eps) and JPEG (.jpg) format and any queries should be sent to the ISSOTL Communications Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 30, 2017.
Entries that meet the guidelines outlined above will be displayed at ISSOTL 2017 for member feedback. Based on that feedback, the ISSOTL Communications Committee will recommend a logo design to the Board of Directors.
The winning design will be announced in December.