Governance and Committees
ISSOTL Interest Groups are member-led groups organized around shared interests that wish to be recognized with a formal relationship within ISSOTL. IGs provide newcomers with collegial pathways into ISSOTL and sustain the ongoing engagement of their members. IG members establish connections and conversations around the world, share scholarship and learning across broad networks, support the organization of scholarship projects and other activities, and take up meaningful initiatives together.
Current Interest Groups
- Advancing Undergraduate Research
- Arts & Humanities
- Decoding the Disciplines
- General Education
- Information Literacy
- ISSOTL in History
- National Teaching Fellows & Institutional Teaching Award Winners
- Pedagogy and Research for Online and Blending Teaching and Learning
- Problem-Based Learning
- Scholarship of Leading
- Student Engagement & Co-Inquiry
Form a New Interest Group
To form a new Interest Group, members may submit a brief application made up of the following:
- a name and brief description of the group,
- its mission or goals,
- a list of at least 10 inaugural members (who are also current members of ISSOTL), with a very strong preference for international representation,
- a contact person who may or may not become the inaugural IG chair, and
- a statement acknowledging an awareness of the specific bylaws requirements for ISSOTL Interest Groups (see Bylaws, Article VI, Section 2).
Applications may be submitted to ISSOTL’s Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.